Hello friends and Happy New Year to you. Below is my list of 10 things you should consider going into year 2020. May you have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous year!
- Don’t be afraid to call a “Thing” a “Thing.” In the words of Shabba Ranks, “false pretender, stop pretending.” At a certain age, it’s just time out for pretending and ignoring red flags, inappropriate behaviors and such. If someone is disrespectful to you, call them out on it. If a friend/significant other is taking more from the relationship/friendship than what they are giving and it seems a bit one-sided; call that person out on it. Don’t suffer in silence, it will only end badly.
- Make it a habit to look for opportunities to give back this year. Proverbs 11:25 “A liberal soul shall be made Fat!”
- Take a hiatus from Social Media. Challenge your family members and friends to do the same. “Having a clear mind and a clear space allows you to think and act with purpose” (Erika Oppenheimer).
- Know that it is not the problem that is the problem. It is your reaction to the problem that is the problem. So stop allowing the problem to rule and reign supreme in your life and follow instructions given in #5 below.
- When life throws you a curve ball…Go get your BAT! No explanation needed.
- Don’t wait or procrastinate, start today! Take a step, any step. your future self will Thank You later.
- Speak it! Decree it! Declare it! All things begin with a thought. Words matter and words have power. Turn those thoughts into words and set them free into the atmosphere.
- Stand Strong! It may not happen over night, but you will bear fruit in “your” season. Question: What have you planted though? Aha!
- “Do something today that your future self will thank you for” (Patrick Flaney).
- “Consider yourself a pencil in the hands of GOD” (Mother Theresa). Give God control and let “Him” write your story in 2020.
PNINA of Wisdom, The Kings Daughter!