My First Seafood Boil!
Tonight I decided to make a seafood boil for my husband who had never tasted one before. This was my first stab at it and I must say it was absolutely delicious. I saw many recipes on Pinterest, but in the end I just decided to go with my gut. See the instructions below on how I made this dish for the two of us.
- 2.5 pounds of snow crab legs (2 lbs was the equivalent of about 5 cluster. I used about 3 clusters for the two of us)
- 1/2 pound of shrimp
- 1 smoke Sausage link (cut into pieces)
- 6 small red potatoes (cut in quarters)
- 2 corn on the cobb (cut in pieces)
- Old bay seasoning (season as desired)
- Parsley (as desired)
- 1 Lemon (cut into wedges)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan melt butter, fresh garlic, parsley 1tsp of lemon juice and old bay seasoning together.
- Wash and cut red potatoes in quarters.
- Cut up smoke sausage.
- Cut up corn on the Cobb as desired or leave whole.
- Next I decided to boil the potatoes, sausage and corn for 10 minutes adding some old bay seasoning to the water. The potatoes are not completely cooked but they will be once placed in the oven. I added the shrimp to the pot the last five minutes. Once it has finished boiling drain the water off.
- In a large baking pan layer snow crab legs first and then pour the shrimp, potatoes, corn and sausage on top.
- Pour sauce pan of melted butter mixture on top.
- Top with lemon wedges.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 (I covered the pan with aluminum foil).
And there you have it!